About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019); AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021); and HOW WE BECAME POST-LIBERAL: THE RISE AND FALL OF TOLERATION (2024).

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Jerry Coyne on "Don't shoot the messenger..."

At his Why Evolution is True site, my good friend Jerry Coyne has a post about my recent piece ("Don't shoot the messenger when confronted with inconvenient ideas") at The Conversation.

Jerry's post is entitled: "When offense trumps truth: the demonization of 'inconvenient ideas'" - check it out. He has some good, supportive things to say. Feel very free to spread the word and/or to comment there. (I have comments here, on this blog, permanently turned off, as I don't find it easy to moderate threads without using up a lot of time and energy, but quite a long thread has built up underneath my original post at The Conversation. By all means comment there if you wish.)

No comments: