About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019); AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021); and HOW WE BECAME POST-LIBERAL: THE RISE AND FALL OF TOLERATION (2024).

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Cogito post on Amnesty International and the prostitution debate

Over at Cogito, I've written a post on Amnesty International and the current debate about prostitution.

The point of the post is not so much to defend a preferred regulatory policy of my own for prostitution - though I hope to return to that at some point - as to introduce a bit of clarity into what is going on, and about the problems when philosophers try to comment on such issues. If you check it out, you'll see that I at least make an attempt to get the (complicated) facts straight. That's more than you could say for a lot of commentators on the issue.

No comments: