About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019); AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021); and HOW WE BECAME POST-LIBERAL: THE RISE AND FALL OF TOLERATION (2024).

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

IQ2 debate on "Atheists are wrong"

I'm delighted to announce that I've accepted an invitation to take part in this debate on "Atheists are wrong" (speaking for the opposition in case you were wondering ... i.e. I'll put arguments that atheists are not wrong).

If by any chance you're in Sydney on 6 September, feel free to get a ticket and roll up. Otherwise, there will be opportunities later on to hear or see it (the debate will be broadcast on both TV and radio, and I gather that it will also be available for viewing on the internet).

4 comments:

Greg Egan said...

Good luck! I think Scott Stephens will probably be the most irritating of your opponents -- he seems to belong to the "They don't make atheists like Nietzsche any more" school, endless bemoaning the modern atheist's lack of apocalyptic angst.

Russell Blackford said...

It will be interesting meeting these people. I haven't really met any of them properly.

Mathew Varidel said...

Good stuff. I thought about buying tickets for this a while ago but I didn't know who would be debating. I think I'll go to this now that I know someone interesting will be on the panel.

Dr Tamas Pataki's, bio looks interesting too.

K said...

Hope it goes well for you, sharing the stage with Peter Jensen doesn't sound like the most pleasant experience.