About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019); AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021); and HOW WE BECAME POST-LIBERAL: THE RISE AND FALL OF TOLERATION (2024).

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Jason Rosenhouse on Giberson and Collins

I missed this review at the time - but thanks to Michael Ruse (who quoted it in a bad-tempered shot at Rosenhouse) and to Ophelia Benson (who then commented on Ruse) I've become aware of it. I think that Rosenhouse's discussion of the issues is of interest in itself, whether or not you want to read the book.

Rosenhouse is always worth reading on questions relating to accommodationism, evolution, the science-religion relationship and the like. If you don't read his blog (and I should read it more regularly myself) and you are interested in these sorts of issues ... well, I wholeheartedly recommend it.

No comments: