About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019); AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021); and HOW WE BECAME POST-LIBERAL: THE RISE AND FALL OF TOLERATION (2024).

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Personal note

Note: Sorry to be posting such brief snippets this week. I'm currently feeling overwhelmed with various things that I've agreed to do, particularly with the big convention coming up in Melbourne. With one thing and another I'm already finding it very difficult to keep up with my highest priority task, which is work on my planned book about freedom of religion. I'm happy to discuss these various interesting snippets in the comments, but I can't find the time right now for long blog posts. I have limited energy, so some time does actually need to be set aside for recharging/relaxation/social life/enjoying the company of friends and loved ones - and some of these posts, such as the long one on Fish the other day, take me two or three hours to write. (I don't know how some of the more prolific bloggers, such as PZ Myers, do it, but I assume they just have more energy than I do.)

No comments: