About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019); AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021); and HOW WE BECAME POST-LIBERAL: THE RISE AND FALL OF TOLERATION (2024).

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

In good company ...

Here are the speakers for the 2009 Atheist Alliance International Convention, to be held in Los Angeles in early October.

8 comments:

Brian said...

Wow, you're in the big league now Dr. Dr! (By the way, they only put one PhD post nominal, better get them to fix that.) Well done.

So, when are you going to organize a conference here in Melbourne with a similar list of speakers?

Russell Blackford said...

Someone is already organising it, Brian. There's a big conference coming up in March. Stay tuned for announcements.

Brian said...

This?

http://www.atheistnexus.org/group/richarddawkins/forum/topics/richard-dawkins-in-australia

Russell Blackford said...

Yeah, that's the one.

Ophelia Benson said...

Los Angeles - it's always Los Angeles. Why can't they stage these things in Seattle? (Because it's a smaller city. I know, I know.) I wanna go!

grumble grumble

Mike Haubrich, FCD said...

When you are in LA, I would like to have you as a guest on the new and upcoming Minnesota Atheists "Atheist Talk" podcast (which is replacing the successful on-air show.)

Contact me if you are interested.

PZ Myers said...

Wow...what a lineup. Wish I'd been invited...I may have to think about going stag.

Lippard said...

It's a little weird that an anti-vaxer like Maher is getting the Dawkins award, but I plan to be there and look forward to meeting you in person.