About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019); AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021); and HOW WE BECAME POST-LIBERAL: THE RISE AND FALL OF TOLERATION (2024).

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Back in one piece

Jenny and I just got back to Melbourne after a full day of driving. Our dear friends, Corinne and Peter, who were minding the place, have done a great job - and evidently enjoyed our little luxuries, such as the outdoor spa pool (or jacuzzi, or hot tub, or whatever my American interlocutors call it). The house is still standing; Felix seems happy enough. The accumulation of mail does not appear to be beyond human capacity to deal with. Before getting online, I rang my mum and dad to let them know that we made it home in one piece (yet again!), and Jen has also been talking to her family.

All's right with the world, but I won't offer anything more profound for now.

No comments: