About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019) and AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021).

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Running round the countryside

I spent a few days in Canberra for Conflux, and now I'm driving up to Newcastle with Jenny in a two days' time. I seem to have a rare free week, which means I must make use of it to catch up with my folks, whom I haven't seen for months (and Jenny is in pretty much the same boat).

After that, I get back on 30 June, but need to turn around pretty quickly and zoom straight back up to Canberra on 2 July for another week (for various reasons I do want to touch base at home ... inefficient as all this seems). I'll be attending the AAP conference, where I'll be delivering a version of my "sinning against nature" paper. I'm tempted to fly for some of this, but I don't mind driving these relatively short distances, and I find it's so much handier to have my own car at the other end, crammed with all the odds and ends that I like to take with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phew! I'm having a great time here, but feeling exhausted already. Lots to do via e-mail while also catching up with family and other loved ones - which is great of course, but I wish I could do it over a longer period rather than being compressed at both ends.

Driving back on Friday (12-hour drive), and then I expect Saturday to be chaos.

Russell Blackford

Russell Blackford said...

Hahaha, here I am back home. It was all too hard logging in the other day when I had to use a public computer. I couldn't even remember which of my zillion passwords that I have for various purposes was the right one. :)